JUNE 29 & JUNE 30
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sandwich High School Pool
THIS IS A REVIEW COURSE
YOU MUST BE PREVIOUSLY CERTIFIED AS A LIFEGUARD
Upon completion and passing of this course you will be
*Waterfront Lifeguarding *CPR *AED *First Aid
Please know that registration does not guarantee certification.
You must attend ALL SESSION DAYS TO GET CERTIFICATION-NO EXCEPTIONS.
The candidate must pass pre-requisites of class and pass the class in order to be certified.
Pre requisites are listed below. These will be tested on FIRST DAY OF CLASS--PLEASE BE PREPARED!
YOU MAY NOT TAKE THE COURSE IF YOU CANNOT PERFORM PRE-REQ. WE WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME BACK WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE PRE-REQ.
1. Swim 550 yards continuosly. Candidates may swim front crawl and/or breaststroke. No swimming on side or back.
2. Must be 15 years old by the last day of the class.
3. Swim 5 yards-retrieve 3 dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4-7 feet of water resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill.
4. Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs. Candidates must palce hands under armpits.
Complete this timed event in 1 minute 40 seconds.
* Starting in water swim 20 yards,
* Surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve 10 pound object
* Return to surface and swim 20 yards back to return on the back.
Details to Know:
Please bring a lunch to class each day. The class will be in session from 10-3PM. We will take a half hour to forty five minutes for a lunch break. There will not be time to go out to get a lunch.
Be ready for class at 9am.
Please bring or wear a one piece bathing suit for girls/women and swim trunks for boys/men.
NO TWO PIECE SUITS ALLOWED!